1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods in Car Accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by taller hack, Nov 27, 2009.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Let's see how tough Williams is now with Adam Scott rather than Tiger protecting his back. Good riddance jerk.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Stevie's firing made me think back to this passage of the profile S.L. Price wrote about Tiger in 2000. This was before he axed Butch. The same cold way of dealing with things still applies. The quote at the end continues to be true. Eventually, unless you're his mom, his dad, or his college buddies, you'll be cut out of the inner circle.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hard to root for a side in this one...

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Stevie is asking Tiger to pay more than the publishers will.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I second that. Stevie got paid to be a bully on the course and protected Tiger. Tiger, for all things considered, only gives damn about Tiger. It's not like they shared a pitcher of beer at the clubhouse bar after the final round and were buddies.

It was business and the Bag Ape had a good run. Enjoy holding the bag for Adam Scott and don't sully the lad with your boorish attitude and going after photographers.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Weren't they in each other's weddings? I think that qualifies them as "buddies." From every story I've read, they were apparently pretty close off the course.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

They were absolutely in each other's wedding party. Tiger also sobbed on Stevie's shoulder post-British after Earl died. So trying to categorize it as nothing more than a business relationship seems silly.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

a month late posting but just went back and reread this thread. that is a good call twogloves. Williams may have read it and said 'I'll be just as big a douche now as I ever was.' Christopher Russo was pretty good on Howard Stern saying how much of an ass Williams was when he called the Bridgestone 'the biggest win of his career.'

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

TV's best show, aka Feherty on Golf Channel, featured Fluff and the no-name dude who caddies for Lefty -- and the three of them made several slams on Williams.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Jim Mackay is a no name? Seriously?

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He is to comeone who doesn't follow the PGA Tour regularly.

Draft saved Draft deleted