1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods hires new caddie

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

AP says Tiger Woods hires Joe LaCava (longtime Fred Couples' caddie) as his new bag man. (per Golf Channel crawl)

Kind of surprised me that he left Dustin Johnson's bag.

Should be interesting.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Typical Tiger. News slips on hiring LaCava away from Johnson on the day of the final round of the Tour Championship and FedEx Cup. Nothing like stealing a little thunder from what passes for the PGA Tour's season-long championship finale.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Agreed, Hondo. Ferguson was writing that instead of filing an early wrap-up from the TOUR Championship.

As for the hire, I wonder what kind of coin LaCava got up front. Because you just can't take Tiger's bag right now without some financial guarantees. Dustin Johnson, though he should win so much more than he does with his physical gifts, is still an ATM.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Tiger's idea to have his pimp on course with him didn't work?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I don't wanna look up "left Dustin Johnson's bag" in Urban Dictionary. I just don't.

6. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

What are the chances he ever wins another major?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How great would it have been if he'd shown up with one of his new tramps-du-jour as his caddie?

I don't tbink he wins another major. I think he has the physical abilities, but I think the last couple years have fucked with his head.

8. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

I'm pining for a Tiger-DJ pairing at the Presidents Cup against Adam Scott and anybody.

Draft saved Draft deleted