1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Withdraws from TPC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 9, 2010.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Until he decides to step out from this bullshit façade he's put up, he's going to continue to erode mentally. The physical injuries are only going to make matters worse.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Steve told him there was a Perkins waitress on the eighth and he got whiplash.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I love how people speak in such absolute terms. How the fuck do you know if Jack is safe? Of course it will be difficult and becomes increasingly more difficult with each year that goes by but to say Jack is definitely safe is ridiculous.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, it sure is annoying when people take a definitive stance on things. Much less interesting than everyone agreeing that we just don't really know what the future might hold, so it's best not to speculate.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He's finished, and heading to the grill.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He came to the hole, but he couldn't finish the job.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

You might want to double-check that.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Be quicker if you just replace the batteries in your sarcasm detector.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Speculating isn't the issue. It's the (near) complete absence of qualifiers such as "I think . . . " or "It seems . . . " that tends to go overboard.

"I think Jack's record is safe." Reasonable speculation.

Of course, you could argue that in the message board world such qualifiers are understood and a waste of time to write. But it can still be a little jarring to see things always stated in absolute terms, whether it's "Oil is headed to $200 a barrel" or "Tebow will get drafted in the third round."

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Who is asking for everyone to agree? Who is asking for nobody to speculate?

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Just like ARod accepted his douchebagitude and thrived this past off season, Tiger needs to accept that he's a just another self center egomaniacal jerk and stud athlete.

Say it Tiger "I'm a pig and I'm OK with that"

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Sleeping on the couch always messes up my neck too.

Draft saved Draft deleted