1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger WDs from the Players

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, May 12, 2011.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lugnuts said it was his love life....

Good ol Luggie.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This may turn the tide. As much buildup as this was getting, and now a whole weekend of network time shot. What will Doug Ferguson do?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Fergie's moved on.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Did he count as one of Tiger's conquests?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think he was grandfathered in since he was with Tiger before he met Elin. :D

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As big a Tiger fan as I've been, let's face it, he's just another guy now.

Guys bomb it past him now, there are plenty of other guys hitting 8 and 9 irons into par 5s now.
    There are better putters now and guys with better short games now.

Worst yet, Tiger's swing looks dreadful; he's so flat off the tee now he looks like a low handicapper now. Someone tell me how Adam Scott can retain that beautiful square swing but Tiger could not?

Tiger's haughty "we'll talk" with respect to Bubba's comments just comes off ridiculous when you think about where Bubba is with his game and where Tiger is now.

What would be best? If Tiger showed some humility for once.

7. You remember he still finished tied for third at Augusta?
    I'm not gonna rule him out yet.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

No I did not forget. As nice as that achievement is (top 10's the past two years at the Masters), many guys have had similar Augusta finishes.

I think that 2 more majors is feasible; 4 is very unlikely. Golfers have built HOF careers on winning 1 or 2 (See Couples, Miller, etc.) 3 is seen as superlative (Price, Singh.) That's how hard it is to win multiple majors.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

A while back I posed a question on a thread, asking: What is more likely, Tiger passes Jack, or Tiger never wins another major.

I'm sticking with my original answer -- never wins another major.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I think Bubba was dead on with his assessment - Tiger should stop worrying about a perfect swing and go back to bombing the shit out of the ball.
    I'm more annoyed with the WD because I had him starting on my fantasy team for Thursday instead of Luke Donald.

11. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

I think Jack can pop his champagne open, like the Dolphins do every year the last unbeaten loses.

If Tiger didn't have the knee issue, I could see him playing till he's 45 and could still feasibly catch Nicklaus. But with that leg, he's 35 going on 50 now, and then there's that mess of his golf game. Unless he finds some fountain of youth for his game, I don't see him winning even one more major.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

This "he hates the course" stuff is a bit funny. He's never missed a cut at The Players, won in 2001, finished second in 2000 and has 3-4 other top-10s. He may not like it as much as Bay Hill, Augusta, Firestone or Muirfield but lot of guys would take his career performance at the Stadium Course.

Draft saved Draft deleted