1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger vs. Rory Sabbatini

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TwoGloves, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I can't believe they kicked the guy out. I lost a lot of respect for Sabbatini after his showing yesterday.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Greenberg just called Sabatini's comment "hecklable." This situation is interesting, but I don't know if its worth coining a new word over. (hecklable wasn't in Websters New World Third College Edition)

BTW, if you're going to launch into profanity, Mr. Sabatini, you lose the right to cite decorum as a reason for action.

Oh, and if Tiger had been the one being heckled, btw, I'm quite certain he would have responded the same way Sabatini did. It wouldn't take that much, in fact. Someone took a picture of his backswing at Augusta a few years ago and he dressed the fan down in front of the world. A heckler? I'd expect his response to be severe.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

I can't remember where I saw it -- SI, maybe? -- but somewhere, they did an anonymous survery of PGA players, and Sabbatini won the "most hated man on Tour" title.

That being said, Tiger can lick my taint.

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Why do golfers get a pass on being razzed?

Fuck 'em and feed 'em a fishhead if they can't take a crack or two between shots.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The only reason that most sports fans know of Rory S.:

1. His trash talking Tiger;

2. His putting out before Ben Crane approached the green a couple of years ago.

He seeks out the publicity in his actions and his statements (remember his wife wearing the "Keep Up" t-shirt a couple of years back). The least that he can do is grin and bear it when he gets his butt whipped by Tiger.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Probably. But the big difference is Tiger doesn't talk shit about other players. And if he did, he'd back it up. Sabbatini had it coming.

Draft saved Draft deleted