1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger vs. Rory Sabbatini

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TwoGloves, Aug 4, 2007.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

They're playing together in the final group Sunday. What are the odds Tiger kicks the crap out of Sabbatini ala Stephen "9 and 8" Ames? I say pretty damn good.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Because it's not a major and Tiger trails entering the final round, I say the odds are pretty good.

3. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Go Rory. ABW.

4. TwoGloves

The ass kicking is in progress. Tiger is 4-under through seven, Sabbatini is 1-over. Let's see what Rory has to say today.

5. TwoGloves

Sorry.

6. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Yesterday, Sabbatini was still not backing off the comments he made in Charlotte. ... I guess you admire him taking on the role of the guy who sticks up to the big bully, but Jesus, he may want to go ahead and not fall flat on Sunday if he's going to.

I think that will be the last time for a long time someone talks shit about Tiger. Hopefully Sabbatini will let his game do the talking in the future.

Oh, and I'm not a big Tiger fan, and I know he gets a bad rap around here for the Ferguson stuff, but jesus, this is very very impressive, what he's going to Sabbatini today.

7. TwoGloves

If I were Tiger, I'd be hoping somebody talks some shit about me before next week. I can't wait to see what Sabbatini has to say after getting his ass kicked by 10 shots. That said, God bless him for being so candid. Makes our jobs easier and much more fun.

8. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

TwoGloves, agreed on each point. ... It's refreshing, but after that ass whipping, we may not see much more of it.

9. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I still say Tiger is more "Now."

10. TwoGloves

This sets up the rest of the (majors) season nicely.

11. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Again, Rory shows he is a small man, and in oh so many ways. I guess his wife doesn't have that on a T-shirt.

12. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

<i>Sabbatini took five to reach the green and made double bogey, and as he walked toward the 10th tee, a spectator said: "Hey, Rory, still think Tiger is beatable?"

Sabbatini turned and glared. He barked at a police officer and demanded -- with an obscenity thrown in -- that the fan be taken "out of here."</i>

Sounds like someone couldn't take the heat. Maybe shutting the fuck up will serve him well in the future. Tiger isn't the type of guy that really needs the motivation, he's generally in it to win from the beginning.

Draft saved Draft deleted