1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Tour

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MporkchopU, Feb 15, 2007.

1. MporkchopU

MporkchopU New Member

Who started the talk about Tiger starting his own all-star league and quitting the PGA Tour? Is it just speculation, or has Tiger or one of his team floated it as a trial balloon? I've been hearing the discussion for two days and I can't figure out where it started.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby started that rumor, which doesn't really narrow the field that much ...

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It was discussed by Bryant Gumbel at the end of the most recent Real Sports on HBO.

4. MporkchopU

MporkchopU New Member

Did he speculate or have a source?

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

The fucking cherry picker might as well quit the PGA Tour for all the time he spends on it. Winning streak, my ass.

Can you imagine Tiger Woods in NASCAR? "I don't want to race this weekend at Darlington, I raced there in 2003. Besides, I drove two weeks ago and I'm planning to drive again three weeks from now. *yawn and stretch* Boy, I could really use a vacation."

6. MporkchopU

MporkchopU New Member

Just trying to plum bob the depth of his arrogance

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I agree with you about Tiger's schedule in that it's a joke he plays so little. However, what he plays are the toughest tournaments. He's not "cherry-picking" to keep the streak going. Of the seven victories on the streak, two were majors and two were World Golf Championships. The other three were the Deutsche Bank in Boston last fall, and two of the events Buick sponsored, which had decent fields. His likely upcoming schedule will be the World Match Play, Bay Hill, Doral and the Masters. It's not like he's juggling his schedule to play the Honda Classic or the Disney World tournament.

8. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Greg Norman wanted to have a spin-off tour... that worked out well for him.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This sounds like an idea that came out of an office in Beaverton, Oregon.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

He needed a tour with a major he could win.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Norman has won the British Open twice.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

You know, I thought he had, but, well, it was a fun line.

Draft saved Draft deleted