1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger ... this is just sick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Mar 16, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Another great line on XM radio, I heard it around No. 13 on the way into the office.

Don't even know who said it, but he said, "Hey, Tiger's human. I mean, he's got to be ... he reproduced, you know."

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Still Tiger's best shot.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

When my wife saw him throw his hat, she gave another great one: "Well, at least you've got Tiger's hairline."

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

I still get goosebumps every time I see that/ hear Lundquist on that call.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

Great finish today, and you could really sense in Bryant's chat afterward that while even the pros appreciate Tiger's Tigerness, they have specific goals as well that, as in this keeping Bryant out of the Masters, affect the vanquished.

6. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

I am a perennial proponent of the underdog. My favorite teams really are whomever is playing Duke, or the Yankees, or whatever other team is currently on top. Except when it comes to Tiger. I love watching him win. When he's up by three strokes, I want him to be up by eight. When he's tied on the 18th green, I'm pulling for him to make that birdie putt.

Right now, because Tiger has no real rival, his losses are curiousities rather than meaningful events. If Bryant had somehow beaten him yesterday, it wouldn't have meant that Tiger isn't the world's #1 player, or that Bryant is emerging as a great player, or that Tiger is beginning to slip. It would just have meant that one random guy lucked into a one-stroke win over Tiger on this particular week. So, instead, I cheer for the meaningful event -- for a fifth consecutive win that keeps the "Perfect Season" dream alive, for an incredible 18th green memory that I'll look back upon fondly as another example of what it was like to watch the greatest golfer ever at the height of his ability.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am the same way.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Saw the putt live yesterday and watched it about 10 times today when I was at Beef O'Brady's for the Joe B. (Hall) and Denny (Crum) radio show. I still can't fathom how he missed from six feet out, yet sank a 24-foot putt.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think the words "for the win" have a lot to do with that.

Woods eats up pressure.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

So, if it were Phil instead of Tiger, what are the odds that he shoots for the pin on 18, puts it in the water and then talks about having fun out there?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wait a minute. Joe B. Hall has a radio show? On what, how to be one of the worst coaches ever to win a NCAA title?

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Same reason some NBA players don't shoot 100% from the foul line. Which, if you remove human nature from the equation, they should.

Draft saved Draft deleted