1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger tees off on Dan Jenkins

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Walter Burns, Nov 18, 2014.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

"I like to think I have a good sense of humor, and that I’m more than willing to laugh at myself."

Sure ya do, bud.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

A hacky fake interview by an all-time great.

If Tiger hadn't freaked out, nobody would have seen it or cared.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This is how dumb Tiger is. If he doesn't spew about it no one probably cares and even less read it. Now, everyone will be seeking this out after reading his rebuttal first. The Tiger haters, the Tiger Derps, all of them.

After reading the fake interview I get the feeling that Mr. Woods is so pissy because a couple of those bogus questions and answers hit close to home.

4. See... I thought he was doing satire there.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how this column could have been any more stupid or lazy. If the best column idea you have is jokes about fire hydrants and divorce, you should head back to the drawing board.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Well, back when these kind of jibes were...uh, timely...half the Golf World still had a business relationship with Woods and there was hope he'd regain his form. Now that people aren't making as much money off of him, the gloves are off.

7. You are sooooo getting a Rick Reilly tongue bath!

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The column was trite, lame, unimaginative and cliched.

So was the response.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Only one of these fake interview things ever worked - Diane Shah's column about Steve Carlton.
    Do not attempt.

10. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

The Shah column is fantastic, and I didn't even grow up when Carlton was playing.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Jenkins must be 100.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

It was a terrible idea to begin with (and horrendously executed) and then the editors dropped the ball by not telling the writer to come up with something better.

Draft saved Draft deleted