1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger scolds media in apology

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mediator, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd put Parnevik in the "known" list of golfers and not the "nobody" list. I haven't followed golf very much, but I've known Parnevik for the last dozen years or so. He's not a nobody.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

What Jesper said resonates because too many people think along the lines of, "Well, that introduction allowed Elin to become rich beyond her wildest dreams," as if that's the end of it. The guy who introduced them is saying, no, having your marriage vows honored and not being duped by the person closest to you in the world means more than her financial bonanza.

Which, now, she could have if she wanted anyway, while shedding the jerk. Even at that, though, only real cynical bastards would go into a marriage thinking that.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Eh. That's fine. Known. Nobody. Same difference.

To clarify, I don't have a problem with Jesper stepping up and making a comment. None at all. To me, it was one of those "OK. Cool. Next." things. I don't really care what Jesper has to say. I get WHY he said something. Just don't care. Way more juicy details to pay attention to. :)

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes. Because it is so rare for someone to be critical of a peer in that type of situation.

And because he knows Elin and her family presumably and it gives some insight into what the friends of the wife think of Mr. Woods.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Parnevik's no nobody. He's also hugely popular in Sweden (his dad is apparently the funniest guy in the country), where this story will have legs because it's Nordegren's home. Her parents are also very well-known.

For him to say that, wow. Remember when Stephen Ames criticized Woods out of nowhere and Woods crushed him 10-and-9 in match play? Good for Parnevik.

It is so lame for Woods to blame the media. Number one -- if he doesn't cheat, it's not an issue. Number two, what is the biggest reason this story has blown up? Because the loons he cheated with are attention whores, looking for money and fame. They're the ones who have advanced this story.

7. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

Not really (and the one-syllable variation should read 'Bruh').' If nothing happened after he crashed his Caddy, the story would've died and the PR would've been handled perfectly.

The only misstep might be not knowing -- or ignoring the fact -- that Tiger is a ho, and there were other side-pieces out there. But even if they had acted more preemptively at first, nothing could've prevented voicemails, text messages and tell-alls from becoming this gawkfest.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's a lot of ifs, Bruh. If you really wanted to earn your money, you'd keep them chicks quiet.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Say what?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I love the New York Post.

[​IMG]

11. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Duh. Wasn't excusing it, merely pointing out the possibility.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Deron, thanks for that. About time someone called it as it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted