1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger scolds media in apology

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mediator, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Mediator

Mediator Member

The bulk of Tiger's apology is actually a complaint of the media treatment he has gotten since the accident. Does he have a point?

Even if he does, is this the right time for him to air it?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yes, I've been cheating on my wife for years with every dirty skank that looked twice at me, and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you damn, meddling media!

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

When you make a vast majority of your living on the image you portray, you better be portraying that right image all the damn time.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Spoiled little shit. Fuck him. I hope TMZ, et al, rake him thru the fucking coals for the next 25 years.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Maybe 25 days. This will blow over pretty soon, I suspect.

Boy, you hate everyone who's more rich and famous than you, don't you. :) :)

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

This isn't just hate. It's heading into Jim Larranaga territory. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I hate the media — except when you're fawning over me and speculating about how many grand slam titles I will win, thus driving my exposure through the roof and netting me 90 percent of my incredibly ridiculous wealth through endorsements

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You need help. I can suggest a few options, if you'd like. :)

9. Mediator

Mediator Member

Or: I have spent years manipulating you into building my personal legend. How dare you deviate from the narrative?

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

How about Mason Nation spam to his doorstep? :D

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He does not have a point. If he doesn't want the National Enquirer and US Weekly snooping around, he should keep the driver in the bag.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As I told a coach one day, "We don't write about kids getting arrested when they don't get arrested. It's simple really."

Same deal here: You don't want people writing about your affairs? As Ace said, keep it in your pants.

Draft saved Draft deleted