1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger leaving the Tour

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I doubt it.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One thing about the Masters. ALL the golfers bring their families. So he might not show up.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Unless Elin can grow multiple, varied vaginas, I don't think he's long for his "family".

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

And of course, he did it at 7 p.m. on a Friday night.

That's pretty old-school for a media savvy group like Tiger and Team.

Like nobody was going to notice or react.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

By announcing his "break" while the Tour itself is on the verge of its short break, he does set this up.

Maybe he and his handlers think this announcement will quiet the media reports, then his handlers can spend January and February hammering out Elin's compensation for staying or going. Perhaps he'll start by calling Kobe for suggestions on a good jeweler.

All that taken care of, he's ready. He gets back on the course for a "triumphant!!!!" return at Augusta, finishes in the top 10, steals all the headlines and settles into the same groove he was in before.

Back in the saddle, he starts rebuilding the harem by June, and he's rolling again.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good riddance. I hope this lasts forever, the piece of crap. I don't expect it to, but I can hope.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Totally agree. Like taking a hiatus from baseball in November.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

You'd sentence us to a lifetime of Vijay, Phil, Mike, Angel, and Sergio? You son of a...

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think his fellow golfers should rag on him when he does get back.

"Would you hit that, Tiger?"

"Not her, the ball. Would you hit out of there or take a drop?"

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

And these reactions - and I don't disagree - is why it was so laughable to see "PR experts" giving Tiger advice on how he should handle it or what his handlers did wrong. No matter what he did, and no matter what he does now, many people will just view it as PR; he'll be hammered no matter what. Which is why I think just being silent about the whole thing has been about the best decision he could have made. LEt it all come out, instead of speaking once and then later having to answer questions like, "Okay, you talked about the first mistress. But what about the 18th?"

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

You are going to be just so giddy when he returns.

The fans will cheer him most lustily than ever before, the dunces who scream "Get in the HOLE!!!!!" at every tee shot will be in full voice, the PGA Tour media will gloss over this entire episode, and other golfers will bend over backwards to pay tribute to his glory.

They will all want to show how wonderful they think he is, and make clever, biting remarks about that dastardly media and what meanypantses they are.

Draft saved Draft deleted