1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger King ... holy eff

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twirling Time, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they sold them as a way to make money. There are also a some stories out there of different animal rescues and preserves taking them. There's one in Colorado that took 39 tigers, and actually got them before any of the crap went down.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I mean, I doubt it's just five. And you can quickly get to that massive body count if you figure five to 10 per year, for X years. I also doubt that Mr. Exotic is keeping extensive records about the tigers he's disposing of.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I guess those are the ones which the employee could testify to that were healthy when shot.

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I assumed they'd have fed the tigers to the tigers since it cost so much to feed them.

Outstanding piece of writing in that link, by the way.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. drexler

drexler New Member

I have nothing to add to this thread that hasn't otherwise already been said but just wanted to underscore one thing:

Some people live very different lives.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I wasn’t that interested in the show but dipped my toe in and ended up watching all seven episodes in a row.

The reaction of Joe’s campaign manager watching his husband accidentally kill himself was harrowing.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The obvious choice.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I kind of wish they had a little more fun with her—the interview was actually very straight—but it is still entertaining how they duped Carol Baskin into agreeing to appear.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Those guys are dicks.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Both so wrong ...
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted