1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger/Jack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 8, 2009.

?

Tiger will break Nicklaus' record of 18 professional majors, yes or no

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. No, but he will tie the mark

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Zippy chance Tiger gives up golf. None.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You haven't been attacked in the tabloids until the Brits get finished with you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

What the hell does that even mean? That they're gonna write some really, really mean stuff? They're going to follow his car and take pictures?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Great Tebow's Tears, Sonner. The French tabloids killed Princess Diana,, and they're polite compared to the Brits.

5. JackReacher

Well yeah, something crazy could certainly happen such as what happened to Diana. I'd like to think that's the exception rather than the rule, though.

And I know the Brit magazines and tabs have picked up on the story, but I wonder about the level of interest over there. Is it super high, national news? Or not so much?

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well, if he gives up golf, that will give him more time to devote to his other hobbies ... whoops, that's what got him in trouble in the first place.

And I recall Mr. Woods suing some tabloid for supposed nekked photos of his wife. So yes, I think the tabloids can get under his skin a little bit.

And now the gloves are off completely for the tabloids. There is no way he'll sue them for anything they write now about his affairs and leave open the possibility of any kind of discovery by the tabloids' legal teams.

7. JackReacher

Never said the Brit tabs wouldn't get under his skin. Just that it wouldn't keep him from playing St. Andrews.

Anyway...that debate is starting to suck.

Any more skanks coming out today?

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That I agree with. He'll play, because that's what he does. What's he going to do, retire completely? No way. Become a brain surgeon? Change the world, like his father bragged?

He'll come back, and play, and be far less popular than he was a month ago. The companies he associates with will sit tight, judge the fallout, and act accordingly.

9. JackReacher

Agreed 100 percent.

10. AD

AD Active Member

let me make myself clear here, sonner: i won't be shocked if he doesn't play augusta. this is uncharted territory for the one of the most thin-skinned superstars in history. the guy couldn't handle a shutter being clicked: and the parade of idiots and bimbos has only just begun. he knows augusta will be a circus unlike ever seen in the annals of his game and he, much less everyone else, is going to have a very hard time concentrating on what club to hit. the guy has been bunkered down for two weeks now, with no indication that he'll talk to anyone about this. now he's going to open himself up to a press conference horde that, guaranteed, is not going to hew to any preconditions steinberg or the hoohas at augusta lay down. what about this idea is so inconceivable to you?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you were partnered with Tiger, wouldn't it be funny to get some Hooters gal to carry your bag for that day?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Look for the Oprah interview to be timed for a couple weeks before Augusta. Time to let the contrite "I'm trying to heal my life" Tiger persona sink in with the public. Also allows him to say, "I already talked about that."
    He'll play, and he'll still be good. Good as before? I dunno. Masters ratings will be good, that I do know.

Draft saved Draft deleted