1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger/Jack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 8, 2009.

?

Tiger will break Nicklaus' record of 18 professional majors, yes or no

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. No, but he will tie the mark

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Just you watch, all it takes is one drunk.

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Who will get tossed ... There is not a more mentally tougher person in sports today. I think he wins at least one in each of the next five years. This thing is over before he hits 40.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I say Tiger gets two majors this year. Even with a handful of meanies yelling hurtful things at him. Poor guy.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You are nuts

go ahead... save it

The guy can't handle a camera shutter, for god's sake

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

And how many tournaments has he won, though, when there's been a camera disruption and he's gotten pissed? Countless. So he stops his backswing, Williams yells at the guy and he swings again. It's not going to be four straight hours of heckling during his swings and putts.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Here's a question that's a bit off topic: How much fooling around is there on the PGA Tour?

Not having really covered but an event or two, how much hanky-panky is there?

Especially given that many of the lower to mid-level players are also course pros at fairly conservative clubs that might frown on that sort of thing (at least in public).

7. partain

partain Member

Slightly off topic, but last week I hit the office of the newspaper I'm stringing for after a laptop died. I'm typing my story at one of the sports guys' desk and look up to see a Tiger Woods bobblehead. He had bandaids on both sides of his face.

Nearly missed deadline because I couldn't stop laughing.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And to think that at one time the sports media was actually debating that--"Will a family make Tiger less hungry?"

Obviously it made him more hungry, in the wrong areas. Ba dum pum.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

That is an interesting question.

With the amount of time these guys spend on the road as opposed to at home, the opportunity sure is there--unless they have the family constantly in tow, whihc becomes virutally impossible with school age kids.

I would surmise that when this story broke, there were more than a few nervous PGA tour members, and a lot of tour wives were asking their spouse some pretty tough questions.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You act like the crowds at these tournaments are suddenly going to turn into a mosh pit of obscenities and people throwing shit at Tiger. You'll see very little difference from the way it's always been. Maybe one or two people get thrown out for yelling. Like they do now.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Mean Gene would be great doing the interview: "Come on in Tiger Woods, I daresay you owe your dedicated legion of fans an explanation for your recent erratic behaviour!"

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

With all hell breaking loose around him, where's the one place Tiger can find sanctuary?

On the golf course. Who's to say this doesn't give him even more focus to his game.

And these golf crowds turning on Tiger? Yea, right. Won't have any negative effect at all.
    He'll probably get a standing O at the 17th at Phoenix.

Draft saved Draft deleted