1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger is unconscious

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 20, 2008.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Had the day off and picked up the match about Hole No. 10. El Tigre was sucking it up, topped off by a shitty drive and unplayable lie on 13.

Then dude just turned it on. The most impressive part was the twister on either 15 or 16... the one he didn't need to make because Holmes slugged his birdie try like 20 feet long. But he made it anyway, as if to say "it's on, bitch." Then he eagles 17, with a bomb. Un-be-lievable.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And Tiger said he peaked when he was 11...

Hey, Moddy, I'm sure Maynor could beat him. :-\

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And none of those were remotely gimmes.

I'm on assignment this week (see sig for details). I'm working on a release and paying cursory attention to this. I look up to see Tiger drain that 40/50-footer on 17, then go back to work.

The next image I see is a graphic under Tiger being interviewed, reading that Tiger will play Arron Oberholser in the second round.

I'm thinking WTF? Wasn't he three down with five to play and hitting the ball all over the desert? Then, I talk to my client, who says that he one-putted the last FIVE holes, none of them from kick-in range.

No wonder Holmes looked like he got hit by a 2-by-4.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Tiger can be really funny when he wants to be. That line cracked me up.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Well, the one-putt on 18 was a kick-in.
    But on 14, it was 14 feet, 1 inch.
    On 15, it was 17-5.
    On 16, it was 21-9.
    On 17, it was 36-5.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

He smoked Stephen Ames 9 and 8 a couple of years ago then promptly lost the next round to Nick O'Hern so a huge win is not an automatic tourney win.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So he rallied nicely to defeat this tournament's version of Prairie View A&M or Coppin State. Nice job. Maybe this can carry over to the next Ryder Cup.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That was almost Nicklaus at Inverrary in 1975 stuff....

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

NBC has to be thrilled wiith Tiger's victory. He left them with an hour the consolation match. I loved it when Dan Hicks said they were hoping Tiger would join them in the booth. I don't see that happening.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He's in the booth now.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It was 36 holes, but still, that's an ass whipping.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The biggest margin you can win by is 10 and 8, right?

Tiger passed Arnie Palmer for fourth on the Tour wins list today. I thought 2000-01 was special, but he's got a great shot at a true Grand Slam this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted