1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger High looking to join Big East?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 16, 2009.

1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Because I can't get enough of this discussion. Sigh.

2005 -- West Virginia (12-1)
    2006 -- Louisville (13-1)
    2007 -- West Virginia (11-2)
    2008 -- Cincinnati (11-3)

Yes, those recent nine-win champs really make the Big East look bad.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Then how are they a replacement option?

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Favorite post of the day. The BE didn't want Memphis then, Drip, and doesn't want them now either.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

SMU will cockblock North Texas (again) from jumping to C-USA. And isn't UTSA starting out in FCS and joining the Southland?

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Don't know where you got the idea that I don't want Memphis. The only problem with Memphis hoops is that it tends to get into a scandal every 10 years or so. Talent-wise, the Tigers are perennially one of the best in the country.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You're right, I neglected to include the always-riveting Big East Pop Warner Championship Game in my math. So they'll go 10-3. Meanwhile, BYU could beat Oklahoma, Florida State and TCU; lose to Utah; finish 11-1; and end up in the Godforsaken Bowl. And America again gets subjected to a thrilling Cincinnati-Va. Tech Orange Bowl. Woohoo!

Let me put it this way: When do you suppose a Big East team will ever mount a serious national title contender, aside from the B.S. Rutgers and Louisville pulled a few years back when they decided not to play anyone but each other? The answer, of course, is never.

7. Killick

Reading comprehension programs. Look into them.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I think you're the one with a comprehension issue. If you could tell me where on this thread I voiced an opinion saying I didn't like Memphis, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    I don't think you will find one.
    If you are so quick to insult. Be just as quick to acknowledge you made a mistake.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'll use the blue font next time.

10. Killick

Re-read the posts, jackass. I never said you don't like Memphis. This is where reading comprehension comes in.
    Reading Is Fundamental, Drip.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

'
    Oh boy, here we go. First you have comprehension problems. Then you go to name calling. Are we having a bad life or something? What is the point of your post. I don't think you have one.
    Take a nice dose of send it to the PM or STFU.

12. Killick

Your continued display of ignorance is not surprising.

Okay, let's play this another way. Please point to where it is that I said that *you* don't want Memphis.

Draft saved Draft deleted