1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger and Lindsey -- yep

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 18, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Elin >>> Vonn

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Rachel > Vonn > Elin

3. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Elin > Rachel > Vonn

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

chris Everett and Jimmy Connors made the cover of SPORT magazine 40 years ago as bf & gf.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You have to think Lindsey knows what she's getting into, although I guess Tiger could go the Suzy Favor route now and then too.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My admittedly highly-cynical view is that the powers that be think being linked to Lindsey helps Tiger's image.

I'm not saying I think this relationship is fake. I'm saying I think there is a reason why this relationship was acknowledged and announced the way it was...

7. LongTimeListener

Mizzou, I'd say that would be more of a concern for Lindsey and the Olympics people than Tiger, though. So if it happened, it was probably from that. SI just ran a feature on her -- I think Tim Layden wrote it -- touting it as an exclusive sitdown with her a year ahead of the Olympics.

You are probably right that there's something to it.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wasn't she also linked to Tebow at one point?

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hello! We have a winner. Tiger's so reformed and so cleaned up now he can pull a total class act like Vonn.

Of course, I have no idea if she's a total class act or a total asshole. I can just see someone thinking that way.

As for the "hiding" in the car story -- isn't there a chance manuevering across grass fields would be tough on her with crutches? Maybe she waited in the car, in the back so she could stretch her leg out, so as to not put stress on it? What is Elin going to do, hit HER with a 9-iron?

10. LongTimeListener

I don't know about a 9-iron, but I would definitely watch a pillow fight.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As would most of us, no question there. I love all the who is hotter arguments? Does it matter? Can we agree they're both fairly upper echelon?

Forced to choose, I'd choose Elin. Told to settle for whatever fell in my lap, I'd say, uh, sure!

Old broke fat bald guys who work in a dead business don't get those choices, however.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Vonn.

Not even a question.

Draft saved Draft deleted