1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ties

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 21, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think SJ style is "penii."

Dools? Ruling?

2. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

It still should be clitorides.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

We would have to have "Let's Settle This Once and For All, Part 5" to get a winner.

4. dooley_womack1

And I didn't see the bondage pics, but I saw the whipped cream ones.

5. imjustagirl

Whipped cream is not the reason I want to be sticky.

6. dooley_womack1

Is honey the reason, then?

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

This started as a harmless thread about neckwear, and look where you've taken it. For shame.

8. imjustagirl

I'm sorry. Are you new here?

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Honey...whipped cream...ties.
    Wow.

I need to hit a hen house on the way home!

10. doctorx

doctorx Member

In 1994, saw Florida lose to Florida State, 34-34

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Official nomination for "penes." As in, "eenie, penes, miney, mo," or "easy penes."

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Choosing a tie is so subjective for me that I wouldn't offer blanket advice, but personally I would not buy one online. I want to see the colors in real life, and I want to hold the fabric.

I have a little more flex on the 3-inch rule -- give or take a quarter-inch. I have a few that are up to 3 1/2, but I tend to wear those under a V-neck sweater. They were just too nice (and cheap) to pass up. Unless the design is extreme, at 3 inches wide you will never exactly be in or out of style, which is exactly where I want to be. I still wear some ties that I bought new in the mid-1980s and I have some thrift store finds that are probably as old as I am. I bought a striped Robert Talbott tie at a Nordstrom in 1988 and I've worn it to every job interview I've had since, which is something that can't be said of the suits. I seldom wear it for any other reason. I have other Talbotts, but this one's heft, texture and deep but muted colors are so perfect that I know I never will find another one like it.

Draft saved Draft deleted