1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tie goes to the ... runners?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

If that's the case and one is already qualified in another event, just declare the other going in this event. If both are already going in other events, go by past average results or something for the 200. If neither are qualified for anything else, wait until all the other prelims are done and run it off.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Instead of the already-delayed scheduled run-off, Jeneba Tarmoh withdraws and hands Allyson Felix the bid.

This was the only interesting story line of the U.S. Olympic trials. Down the drain. Wake me up when it's all over.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

An Olympic athlete throws a tantrum and doesn't want to play? My kids do better than that.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

First of all, if you thought that was the only interesting story line at the trials, I'm not sure what you were watching.

As far as Tarmoh goes, they ought to toss her off the relay team as well and not send her to London at all if she doesn't have the stomach for this (unless she's injured).

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I absolutely wasn't watching. That's my point. This sort of schoolyard run-off was about the only reason I'd turn on an Olympic trials event.

Anyway, per the San Jose Mercury-News:

Horrible sportsmanship and gamesmanship. It's not easy to display both at the same time.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Sorry, Jeneba. Officials didn't see it that way. They tell you who won, not the other way around. If the ref misses a call and rules incomplete pass instead of a touchdown, they still have to play the next play. So do you.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Obviously it should be Felix. ::)

Allyson Felix
    [​IMG]

Jeneba Tarmoh
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Ummmm.... The bottom photo is Sanya Richards-Ross, no?

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Jeneba Tarmoh (for real this time):

[​IMG]

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And a couple more flattering shots of Richards-Ross:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There was only one way to settle this ....

[​IMG]

JENGA!

Draft saved Draft deleted