1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thursday Trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Oct 2, 2008.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Spnited is the winner winer, chicken dinner. THis, from the National Football Foundation * College Hall of Fame:

Oct. 6, 1956: Penn snaps a 19-game home losing streak at Franklin Field in Philadelphia, beating Dartmouth 14-7 in Quakers first official Ivy League game. Big Green quarterback Mike Brown (future Cincinnati Bengals owner) accounts for Dartmouth's only score.

And Michigan is incorrect for 1910-19.

Jason Hanson is also incorrect. But you're in the right state, I'll give you that.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bonus: Ozark County Daredevils (Yes, I cheated). I didn't cheat on the Hanson question, but I did on the bonus since I had no idea whatsoever.

3. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

3. A combo to add to the list, Jackie and Matthew Slater. Jackie had a 20-year career on his own with the Rams, and Matthew is a rookie with the Patriots this season. Weird combo though. Jackie was a lineman. Matthew is a tiny WR/DB/KR.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

And you still got it wrong.

It's Ozark Mountain Daredevils.

Ooh ooh ooh ooh, Jackie Blue.

5. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Guess for No. 2 is Mariano Rivera and Jeff Nelson.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

No. 2: Shields and K-Rod?

7. micropolitan guy

Not with the Yankees or the Angels.

Right league, though. Lefty-righty combination.

8. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

A couple more for No. 3
    Patriot fathers were a good bread:
    Julius Adams (NE) and Keith Adams (a bunch of teams)
    Sam Adams, Sr. (NE), and Sam Adams, Jr. (a bunch)

9. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Also No. 3:
    The Hasselbecks, if you can count Tim as playing. Don was a tight end with the Pats for several seasons (another productive Pat daddy), and Matt and Tim both have been in the league several years.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

No. 2: Dennis Eckersley and Rick Honeycutt?

11. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

That was my next guess Mikey

12. micropolitan guy

OK, here's my original six, father-sons I know have played a combined 20 years (the number has increased appreciably since I first heard this question several years ago).

1. Archie-Peyton Manning
    2. Ed-Brad Budde
    3. Bob-Brian Griese
    4. Jack-Jeff Kemp
    5. Aaron-Robb Thomas
    6. Ray-Mike Renfro.

I don't believe a lot of the father-son combos mentioned have a combined 20 years, yet.

And yes, Honeycutt and Eckersley are correct; 248 games as members of the A's and Cardinals.

Still waiting on the 1910-19 team, and the place-kicker answer. You'll bow down to me after discovering the answers.

Draft saved Draft deleted