1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thursday trivia time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Blaine was not a pure lefty when he played. If that were the criteria the answer would probably be Jim Nelford (not sure if his team win counts here).

Ernie Gonzalez was the one, though it should be with an asterisk.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Ernie Gonzalea is correct. Never heard of the guy.

So we're down to these questions:

Good luck.

1. What three coaches concluded their NCAA coaching careers by winning the NCAA men’s basketball championship (Division I)?
    ANSWERED: John Wooden (UCLA), Al McGuire (Marquette) and ??

2. Who was the first athlete shown on instant replay?

5. Who was the first golfer to win a PGA Tour event using an orange golf ball? (notice I did not say, with orange balls).

6. What college football team plays in a stadium and on a field named for graduates of its arch-rival school?

3. azom

azom Member

2. Rollie Stichweh

4. Google's a wonderful thing, isn't it?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

6. University of Texas plays at Darrell K. Royal Memorial Stadium. Royal was an OU grad.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

THanks for playing, everyone.

1. What three coaches concluded their NCAA coaching careers by winning the NCAA men’s basketball championship (Division I)?
    ANSWERED: John Wooden (UCLA), Al McGuire (Marquette) and

FINAL ANSWER: Larry Brown of Kansas.

2. Who was the first athlete shown on instant replay?

ANSWER: Navy QB Rollie Stichweh is correct, during an Army-Navy game.

5. Who was the first golfer to win a PGA Tour event using an orange golf ball? (notice I did not say, with orange balls).
    ANSWER: Wayne Levi, 1992 Hawaiian Open

6. What college football team plays in a stadium and on a field named for graduates of its arch-rival school?

ANSWER: The University of Oregon plays on Rich Brooks Field at Thomas J. Autzen Stadium. Both Brooks and Autzen are Oregon State University graduates.

7. Oh it was a PAC 10 school..I thought you were talking about a real program :)

Draft saved Draft deleted