1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwing change at a stripper ain't cool

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, May 28, 2013.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The lap dances were the big thing that pushed, perverts row was there to suck you in and to try and sell you on a lap dance later. I haven't been in years, but according to some of my buddies, in some places in Alberta those dances are running $40-60 a shot.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No question, I haven't been in one of those joints in ages but I would think $20 would be the absolute minimum these days. Buddy of mine used to frequent a message board that rated massage parlor employees, hookers and strippers on value etc. and your mileage would vary depending on how much you were willing to pay.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Then it damn well better be Megan Fox doing the grinding.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Probably the same way as an American strip joint. The frustrating thing is, for a long time you only got 3/4 of the lap dance you did in American clubs.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My first time in a strip (scrip?) club was for a buddy's bachelor party in New Orleans. We went to a decent club in the Quarter. Not high-end, but solidly upper middle class.
    I don't drink, and the excursion to the club wasn't planned, so I only had about $60 cash on me -- $9 of which was spent on a bottle of Voss water. I was scared to death to get a lap dance just in case I didn't have enough to cover it.
    At one point a stripper wanders out, comes up to me and says, "You look like you need a lap dance."
    I just looked at her and said, "No, I really don't. I'm good."

A little later I went to sit with some people in our group near the stage. A stripper finished her set and crawled over on all fours toward us, looking for a tip. She shook her tits in my face. All I had was a $10 bill and her tits weren't that nice. I shrugged my shoulders, gave her a little sheepish grin, and she moved along.
    I'm not sure if it was more embarrassing for me or for her.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Wonder what would happen at a strip club if someone tried to tip with dollar coins instead of dollar bills.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Suspended:

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Rays/status/339818469736448000

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A Navy buddy in Mexico, they stack the coins and the girl squats down and picks up as many as they could with their hoo ha.

I always figured Canadians could pull off something similar.

9. I went to this donkey show once in Tijuana ....

10. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

It's amazing what degrading activities some of these owners expect of their workers. They're there to make a living, and some of the things they are expected to do seems criminal.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There's a fainting couch over there if you need to lie down...

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

They aren't prisoners being held captive. I remember the last strip club I was at, for a buddy's bachelor party in the Tampa area. It was a scuzzy one south of there near the beach. I started talking to one of the girls, and asked her how long she had been dancing there. She told me 2 weeks, and she only started "because I was working at the Circle K and realized I could make as much in a night here as I did in a week there."

She looked 19 at the oldest, and I started to feel a little sorry for her. Then she offered to take me into the VIP area, where I could get a handy for $50, a BJ for $75 or the "whole way" for $200.

I haven't been to a strip club (or a Circle K) since.

Draft saved Draft deleted