1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwing change at a stripper ain't cool

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, May 28, 2013.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You've never gone to a club and made it hail?

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

We break out the loonies. Not even kidding on this. In Alberta, at least, most strippers will have carnival type games during their performance. For example, they'll roll up a poster like a funnel and aim it at their hoo ha. You sink enough shots, you get a poster or magnet. At the end of the performance, they break out an industrial strength magnet on a string and collect their earnings. Don't think they had the loonie games in Ontario when I was in Toronto in 2003, but times may have changed since or we just didn't go to the right clubs. Haven't been to any in B.C. since I've been out here. And Saskatchewan strip clubs are just strange, no alcohol allowed, so you generally have to go to a separate establishment, usually right next door, drink, and then walk back to the strip club.

But the loonie tips are pretty standard, from what I understand.

I am so glad my going to the strip club days are well in my rear view mirror. So skeezy.

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

thank you for your, er, exhaustive research

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It was tough but someone had to do it. Anything for the team.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

He was making it hail. It's a new trend.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Best of the comment section came from The Amazing Sneijderman:

[

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

She shoulda' kicked it back to him and said, "given the way your career is going, I think you need this more than me."

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I don't go often - by my count, four times in the past four years, but I don't recall seeing anybody tip a loonie or a toonie at a strip joint up here. I think I'd be embarrassed to. How's a girl supposed to put herself through med school a toonie at a time?

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

University is cheaper up there. :shrug:

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If you can't make it rain, don't make it hail.

11. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Getting this thread back on track...

What he did was horrible. This is almost assault. This girl is trying to make an honest living and some jerk throws metal at her.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I will admit my experience at Toronto-area strip clubs is, uh, minimal (in case my wife is reading this) but I have always seen the on-stage tipping thing as predominantly American. The peelers are working the pole to attract customers for lucrative $20 lap dances in the VIP room. (In the old days it was the great $5 "fox on a box" table dance.)

Draft saved Draft deleted