1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwback thread: Baghdad Bob

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, May 22, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

"But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." -George W. Bush, summing up his first year in office, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

2. G-B you are either ignorant or dishonest. Context means nothing to you? No wonder the press in general is being held in such low regard. You should be ashamed. Here's the proper quote:

Shame on you.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

So I guess we should all blindly march in lockstep with the President. Thanks Chris.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Glory to Saddam. Glory to Iraq. Glory to Islam. Jane, you ignorant slut."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Pulled the quote as it was attributed. I apologise.

Now how about you?

6. Two things: first - you spelled apologize wrong.

Second - are you suggesting that I apologize for you not being able to handle context, history or nuance? Maybe it's your teachers who should apologize.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"Obviously, I've thought about that a lot in the months since," she said. "No, I don't regret giving the president authority because at the time it was in the context of weapons of mass destruction, grave threats to the United States, and clearly, Saddam Hussein had been a real problem for the international community for more than a decade."

Hillary Clinton - 3/21/04 - on Larry King

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

First, English spelling.

Second, you should apologize [just for you] for not answering any questions addressed to you, or for pulling quotations out of your arse that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

You haven't furthered the discussion one iota since you first posted on this thread, and when you get called on it, you go off on diatribes about Nancy Pelosi posters, and what "you people" should be doing.

You are so embedded in your thought process and belief that everyone who thinks other that you is beneath you, and not worth your time. I apologize [again, just for you], and I get another personal attack, only this time it's not only at me, but all those who brought me up.

I rarely get into personal attacks around here. It's unproductive and gets people away from the matters at hand. I wonder if for one thread you could try to do the same. Address the questions that are addressed to you without resorting to personal attacks on those that pose the question or going off into a self-depricating rant.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Did this post further the discussion one iota?

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Forgive me but what is "the matter at hand"? I seemed to have lost my way.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Did this post further the discussion one iota?

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No, definitely not.

But if you'll look at the thread I, and others, were trying to get some kind of discussion going here. We've been met with cut and paste and self-denigration.

Draft saved Draft deleted