1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwback thread: Baghdad Bob

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, May 22, 2008.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Wow.

Cork's out of the bottle now that F_B's gone, huh?

2. Yeah - now that FB is gone I feel free to speak my mind.

And you wonder why I can't take you serious?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"The American flag flies again over our embassy in Kabul. Terrorists who once occupied Afghanistan now occupy cells at Guantanamo Bay. And terrorist leaders who urged followers to sacrifice their lives are running for their own. "

4. Boom_70

" Last month, at the grave of her husband, Michael, a CIA officer and Marine who died in Mazur-e-Sharif, Shannon Spann said these words of farewell: "Semper Fi, my love." Shannon is with us tonight.

Shannon, I assure you and all who have lost a loved one that our cause is just, and our country will never forget the debt we owe Michael and all who gave their lives for freedom. "

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Seriously, Chris. Seriously.

6. Boom_70

"States like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world. By seeking weapons of mass destruction, these regimes pose a grave and growing danger. They could provide these arms to terrorists, giving them the means to match their hatred. They could attack our allies or attempt to blackmail the United States. In any of these cases, the price of indifference would be catastrophic."

7. Boom_70

"We'll be deliberate, yet time is not on our side. I will not wait on events, while dangers gather. I will not stand by, as peril draws closer and closer. The United States of America will not permit the world's most dangerous regimes to threaten us with the world's most destructive weapons. "

8. Boom_70

"In a single instant, we realized that this will be a decisive decade in the history of liberty, that we've been called to a unique role in human events. Rarely has the world faced a choice more clear or consequential."

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's fun to copy and paste!

10. Number of terrorist attacks on US soil since the 2002 State of the Union Address?

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Let's get this thread back on topic:

[​IMG]

"There is no cause for alarm. We are on the verge of glorious victory. The infidels tremble before our power. Saturday Night Live is better than it ever has been."

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You know, there might be a reason for that. It's proabably because the matters at hand are of a serious nature.

Those of you who want to cut and paste lines from a speech and pull silly lines out of your arses about giving donuts to protestors without answering JG's questions are doing this topic a disservice by not being serious.

Draft saved Draft deleted