1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwback thread: Baghdad Bob

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, May 22, 2008.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I had totally forgotten about this slap. Although a couple of his quotes are still piss your pants funny.

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Turns out he wasn't even the biggest bullshit artist involved in the war. But he was pretty damn good.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That didn't take long. ::)

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Should have come sooner in my opinion. Sorry you don't agree.

5. three_bags_full

I'm no Bush fan, fu sho. But those jokes are neither funny, nor necessary. It's actually getting pretty ridiculous.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That may indeed be ridiculous, but for a lot of people, it's a way to express a frustration at their leadership not listening to the voice of the people.

7. three_bags_full

It's becoming tiresome and childish. You know it as well as I do.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I agree. The Bush jokes have been tiresome for a while. And by a while I mean at least four years.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not as tiresome a joke as the administration has become, tho. And boomer's joke doesn't have a body count.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"(W)e need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. We all know the litany of his offenses. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. ...And now he is miscalculating America�s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. That is why the world, through the United Nations Security Council, has spoken with one voice, demanding that Iraq disclose its weapons programs and disarm. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but it is not new. It has been with us since the end of the Persian Gulf War." -- John Kerry, 1/23/03

"If you don't believe ... Saddam Hussein is a threat with nuclear weapons, then you shouldn't vote for me." -- USA Today on 2/13/03

11. three_bags_full

I thought you were above that. Guess not.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Above what? Lampooning the administration, whosever it is, is a time-honored tradition. I don't like the Bush administration, and I'm not alone. What's the alternative (holding fingers to dimples) "Our leaders are great and good and always do the fair."

No blind faith here. Sorry to disappoint.

Draft saved Draft deleted