1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwback Pepsi

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon, Jan 11, 2010.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

One of the bright spots here in Afghanistan is the Coke with real sugar. I'm not a soda fan, but that's some goooooood stuff.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

...is back. I was about to get a Caps for Caps Pepsi, and stumbled across the throwbacks. Joyful day! Welcome back, my friend.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Have a 12-pack of each Throwback in the fridge right now. :D

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Heinz ketchup has a no corn syrup version on the shelf call Simply Heinz, I think.

It is much better than the regular.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Isn't sugar just as cheap as HFCS now after our terribly misguided and seemingly unretractable subsidies for corn-based ethanol?

6. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Right now in this town, you can get:
    * Anniversary Dr. Pepper, which is supposed to come in five commemorative cans, but I've only seen one (Cans only).
    * Throwback Pepsi and Throwback Mountain Dew, which come in old-school 4x3 boxes instead of "fridge packs" (Cans and 20-oz single bottles).
    * Mexican Coke and Orange Fanta (glass 500 ml bottles).

What's even better for Dr Pepper fans, Anniversary edition is selling for $3.28. All the other sodas, throwback or regular, sell for at least $4.55.

7. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

I've seen both Throwback Pepsi and Heritage Dr. Pepper show up in my town in the last few days, too.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Anytime the Throwback is on the store, there is no sale. Sucks.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

We get really excited for pop over here.

10. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Mexican Coke is showing up in single bottles at $0.99 for a 12oz glass bottle (along with Orange Fanta w/sugar).

Since Throwback Pepsi last went away in March, I've been drinking the MexiCoke and Jones Soda's cola (which is also pretty pricey at $0.50 a can, but pretty good).

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Throwback Dr Pepper is the shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted