1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwback Pepsi

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon, Jan 11, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hate them both. It's like drinking molasses. So thick and unmanageable. Not fizzy enough.

2. highlander

highlander Member

I have to agree on the throwback Mountain Dew. It wasn't very good. Waste of money.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Got a Throwback Mountain Dew today. Why did the change the bottle design from last year?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Haven't tried a Throwback Mountain Dew. Do I have to wear a throwback jersey when I do?

A woman with a Heritage Dr Pepper came by my desk yesterday. She didn't really comment on if it was any good.

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Dr Pepper, Heritage Dr Pepper....both suck. I'd rather drink Moxie than that crap.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

IJAG is gonna be mad at you.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I've tried Throwback Dew four or five times and I've decided I like regular Dew better.

Even if real sugar is better than HFCS, the throwback is just a little TOO sweet.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

There's one of those in my hometown barber shop. When I'm home, I always go grab a haircut. I get a Coke out of that machine every single time.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I can't remember if we've ever discussed this, but Dr Pepper has its own ballpark in Frisco TX.

Either way, stick to the Lip Smacker and drink vodka instead.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why? He didn't add a period.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dools is right. I don't care if he drinks it so long as he respects the name. :D :D :D

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

What about Crystal Pepsi? Is that going to be unveiled at the Super Bowl... in the commercial break before Don Beebe punches the ball out of Leon Lett's arms?

Draft saved Draft deleted