1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwback Pepsi

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Seconded.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Tried Throw Back Pepsi - not as good as Kosher Coke.

The gold standard still is Mexican Coca Cola in classic bottle. Bottled soda is so much better than the plastic version

3. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Tried the Throwback Dew today, the citrus flavors are definitely sharper when made with the real sugar. As far as I'm concerned, Throwback Pepper remains a myth until I can find some. :)

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Wasn'r original (1960s) Mountain Dew a different drink than the current product? I think the difference is more than just sugar vs. corn syrup.

5. doctorx

doctorx Member

Seems awfully strange these days for any product to cite REAL SUGAR as a selling point.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You will have its name besmirched and YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!!

7. Boom_70

Is that a medical observation Doctor X

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Diet soda makes you fat. The artificial sweeteners trick your body into thinking sugar is coming in, so you release the insulin to deal with it. But when there's no actual sugar for the insulin to combat, it has no purpose and converts to fat.

Also, artificial sweeteners originated as the accidental byproduct of chemical waste that coincidentally tasted like sugar.

I am not making any of that up.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I have a friend that still has the old Pepsi-Cola machines that dispenses the old glass bottles.

Good times. Good times.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one of those in actual operation since, I don't know, probably 1982. Thirty-five cents for a soda with a 10-cent deposit for the bottle.

11. Boom_70

Is he doing his own bottling?

12. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I hope Rondo makes a comeback.

Draft saved Draft deleted