1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwback Pepsi

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon, Jan 11, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The throwback Pepsi is fantastic, but I almost never drink sugar soda.

They did have the Pepsi/Mt. Dew/Dr. Pepper triple crown of cola at my Richmond Kroger on Sunday.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

All Mountain Dew is fairly awful...

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

At the summer business I own, we sold that old-fashioned Pepsi last summer. Or, I should say, we had it available for sale. Pretty sure I ended up coming home on Labor Day with a full case. Nobody was interested. Perhaps the old logo will help.

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Throwback Pepsi does not seem to be as different from Pepsi as Throwback Dew is from current Dew. It seems to me that Throwback Dew tastes sweeter and the citrus flavors stand out more.

If Throwback Dr Pepper is coming, I probably won't get it if only Pepsi distributors have it. Dr Pepper here is distributed by Coke.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Pepsi throwback products were available last year, but not where I live. It's finally available locally this year.

The throwback Dew tastes definitely different. But as long as it has no HFCS, I will enjoy often.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Throwback Dr Pepper = Dublin Dr Pepper.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Iti's called Dr Pepper Heritage or Heritage Dr Pepper. It's noticeably different from the Dr Pepper I've come to know. Not sure it has all 416 flavors or however many Dr. Dre tells me it has.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Diet Mt. Dew is the tits.

9. partain

partain Member

Dublin Dr Pepper is one of the few things I miss from my brief stay as sports editor in Stephenville, Texas. It's made with real sugar and it's the best Dr Pepper in the world. We had a restaurant here in Colorado that served it for a while and was usually the deciding factor in where we ate lunch on Sunday afternoons.

You can check them out at http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

Also, we have a store in town that specializes in sodas made with sugar. They have Mexican Coke and Dublin Dr Pepper, but also a lot of old-time drinks you can't find just anywhere anymore. Not the cheapest way to buy soda, but we stop in there from time to time too.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I miss Pop Shoppe.

11. Simon

Simon Active Member

That's interesting. I worked at a gas station in a tourist destination and we couldn't keep Mexican Cokes stocked. Also, the location of the suckers helped. They were right by the door in a big thing of ice just begging to be bought.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I call it Mountain Don't.

As for the OP, I have yet to find Throwback Pepsi. I'd be interested in trying it, even though I find regular Pepsi to be much too sweet and strongly prefer Diet Pepsi. The strange thing is, I prefer regular Coke to Diet Coke (sorry buckdubs!).

Draft saved Draft deleted