1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three things you would have done differently

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pringle, Aug 3, 2011.

1. nck228

nck228 Member

1) Maximized the opportunities at my internship more. I had a very solid internship covering high school sports with a large daily, and I learned a hell of a lot more than I ever would have anywhere else, but I think I could have done even better and really made a better name for myself.

2) I absolutely love where I went to college and have zero regrets going there, but I sometimes wonder what it'd be like to have gone to a school where the students actually care about the sports programs.

3) What jlee said.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

1. Learned to be more outgoing. Not only would it have been a great help in networking, which is not my strong suit, it would've helped me avoid appearing aloof and detached.

2. Acquired better time-management skills. The rush of deadline is great and all, but that's not a reason to incorporate it into one's daily life outside of work.

3. Not let my identity become so intertwined with my job -- as if voluntarily walking away from this business wasn't difficult enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted