1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three teens (now women) freed in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, May 6, 2013.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Thank goodness this site lets you vent out your anger.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna bust on a dude for giving a great interview.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It was not a matter of if but when the other shoe would drop on hero Charles Ramsey. Sounds like he was a victim of the Federal War On Drugs instituted in the 90's.

Looks like he has his life straightened out now.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't give a fuck what his past is. The guy stepped up and went out of his way to help someone in trouble. THAT MEANS SOMETHING!!!!

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Agree. He seems like a good guy and even a better person.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Don't know about that Boom, but his past doesn't have anything to do with what he did to save those girls.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We've sent people with way worse rap sheets and character to state and Federal government positions.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What's up with not charging 2 of the Castro brothers?

I hope the victims are completely on-board with this decision. Seems like the police are more interested in covering their asses for the possible failure to find these girls, under their noses, than in getting evidence of possible co-conspirators.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

From what I gather, they are saying they didn't know anything. I find that hard to believe.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I thought that was odd too. But according to the reports I've heard the victims only fingered the one brother as their captor.

That doesn't mean the other two didn't know but it sounds like they couldn't come up with enough evidence to charge them yet.

11. They might still be in plea talks trying to get them to roll on their brother.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Does the DA really need them to at this point?

Draft saved Draft deleted