1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three teens (now women) freed in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, May 6, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Re: Three teens (now women) found in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

Those aren't even the ugly details.

Wait until the reality of the condition of these women and what was done to them comes out.

I won't write up the details here. They are some of the most disgusting things you've ever heard.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Re: Three teens (now women) found in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

One report says Charles Ramsey isn't the guy who kicked in the door and helped the girls escape. He merely called 911. Some other guy kicked in the door to help Amanda Berry escape, but he doesn't speak English well. Ramsey started giving interviews, the media loved him, and it took off from there.

http://lakewoodobserver.com/read/2013/05/07/amanda-gina-and-michele-are-found-alive-in-tremont

3. Re: Three teens (now women) found in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

In 2010, the minor league baseball team I cover partnered with a program called BairFind, which is run by former minor league pitcher Dennis Bair. The program places the photos of missing children on pro sports teams' team photos that they hand out to fans.

The photo that was featured on the team I cover's team photo that year was Gina DeJesus. Her mom, Nancy Ruiz, was at the ballpark that day and I got about a 10-minute interview with her. It turned out to be a pretty good story. Her mom was convinced Gina was alive and that she had been sold in some kind of underground sex trafficking business. Nancy was one of the nicest women I've ever met and even wrote me an email to thank me for my story when it ran.

I'm glad she's got her daughter back. I just hope they can get back to some sense of normalcy.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Just read on CNN that ropes and chains were found in the house. That's sick. The three brothers, if convicted, deserve to be executed.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

They are bad guys and worse people. Very disheartening. [crossdrip]

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

http://www.cleveland.com/brett/blog/index.ssf/2013/05/regina_brett_2.html#incart_river_default#incart_maj-story-1#incart_maj-story-1

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ramsey was on AC360 last night, and even more awesome than ever.

http://guardianofvalor.com/charles-ramsey-tells-anderson-cooper-to-give-reward-for-missing-girls-to-them-because-he-has-a-paycheck/

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

he must be British, the teeth.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Holy fuck, what kind of crappy lawyer did he have to get terms in the state pen for drug abuse, criminal trespassing and receiving stolen property? That's stuff that usually gets you a few year's probation and community service.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fuck Ramsey, he's the quintessential reality-show hero zero who gloms onto a tragic story and rides it to fame and fortune.

HE didn't really have anything to do with freeing the women, basically he just stood by and watched while other people did. But because he's willing to step up in front of the cameras and do a clown show, he's being turned into a hero. You've had your 15 minutes, man. Sit down, shut up and go away.

Draft saved Draft deleted