1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three teens (now women) freed in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, May 6, 2013.

1. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Re: Three teens (now women) found in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

That's kind of a logical thought, because it appears the guy was into kidnapping teens, not 3-year-olds. But it raises the question of what kind of medical care -- pre-natal, delivery and post-natal -- whoever had the baby got.

[/quote]

It's not hard to imagine this guy picking up a bottle of prenatal vitamins at RiteAid and saying, "See? I made sure everything was OK."

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Re: Three teens (now women) found in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

Now somebody has to explain to her why LeBron James is playing for the Heat.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The guy who rescued them is a great interview.

http://boingboing.net/2013/05/06/meet-charles-ramsay-internet.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

4. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

Just think of all of the southern California centric sports stories that they missed out on...

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

My first thought: Please, no one pull a Whicker. I have been assimilated!

6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Awesome.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Already autotuned.

8. Re: Three teens (now women) found in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

"Bro', I knew something was wrong when a little, pretty white girl ran into a black man's arms."

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What a trip. Way to go, bro.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Very weird for me to read this. I just finished "Room," which tells a story very similar to this (although about just one woman). Good book.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I lost it at the thumbs-up at the end. Hell yeah, Charles Ramsey.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"She's homeless or she's got problems -- that's the only reason she runs into the arms of a black man."

Great quote from a great 3 minutes of the human condition.

Here comes the fame.

Draft saved Draft deleted