1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three openings for NHL writers

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by enigami, Aug 8, 2011.

1. enigami

enigami Member

HockeyPrimetime.com, a rapidly growing website providing coverage and analysis of NHL, junior, and college hockey news, has openings for knowledgeable and connected journalists to cover the NHL’s Northeast, Southeast and Central Divisions. The focus of the position would be a weekly notebook, along with occasional features and breaking news.

Experience in video journalism and radio is preferred, as we are expanding our presence on both platforms.

Candidates must live in or close to an NHL city in your division, and preferably have some experience covering that team (if not others in the league). We’ll work around your schedule and arrange credentials as needed, with the expectation that you will provide some in-person reporting during the season.

These positions are ideal for freelancers looking to expand their audience, talented recent college graduates looking for their first break, or downsized former beat writers in NHL markets. Staff writers have worked concurrently or previously for the Associated Press, Canadian Press, USA Today, ESPN.com, Yahoo! Sports, New York Post, NHL.com, Boston Globe, Los Angeles Newspaper Group and Orange County Register, to name just a few. Your writing will get that same level of respect here.

Pay is negotiable and commensurate with experience.

Talented Winnipegers will be considered for the Southeast position.

Send resumes and questions about the positions to:

George Hinshaw, Director of Human Resources
    hr@hockeyprimetime.com

2. enigami

enigami Member

Update:

Thanks to everyone who sent in a resumé. The response was overwhelming. We will certainly look at your resumé if you still want to throw your name in, but the process of contacting potential writers begins today.

Again, thanks to all!

3. mrbigles01

mrbigles01 Member

Has anyone been contacted for this one yet? I sent in my stuff but haven't heard anything, so I'll go ahead and assume I won't. Too bad, seemed like an awesome gig for someone like me. :'(

4. Lauren19

Lauren19 New Member

I haven't gotten contacted yet either, so I also figured I won't.

5. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I got my No letter on August 19.

6. mrbigles01

mrbigles01 Member

I didn't even get a no letter.

7. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Looks like a nice side gig, but shouldn't this have been in freelance?

Sometimes, I don't know how jobs get categorized on here. Not really a complaint, just an observation and thought.

8. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

It was not technically a freelance gig as they had no timetable on when it would end. But, I guess most of the time its up to mods on where something should be moved or stay.

Draft saved Draft deleted