1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three Charged with Aiding Boston Bombers...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, May 2, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

More on Tamerlan's trip to Russia:

2. YankeeFan

Dzhokhar doesn't sound like a mindless follower of his brother in this note:

3. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Though an infrequent visitor/poster here, I've found anonymous sources are viewed with less skepticism when the info they leak matches our view of a particular topic.

4. YankeeFan

A couple of points...

Dzhokar made similar statement to investigators, so this story does not diverge from anything we already know.

John Miller previously worked as the Assistant Director for Public Affairs at the FBI. Between his work as a journalist, at the FBI, and with the police departments in New York City and Los Angeles, he not only has good sources, but understands how this works.

Anonymous sources are frustrating when they don't deserve anonymity, when they are trying to push an agenda, and we have no context for who they are, and what agenda they might have, when they lie to reporters and aren't exposed, etc.

An on the record source is always preferred, of course. I don't see a problem here. Miller is not a partisan trying to push some narrative. It's a strictly fact based report.

If he was trying to convince me of something, and conveniently found an anonymous source to help prove his point, that would be one thing.

I don't see that here.

Do you?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But Islam is a religion of peace. We should never forget that.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You know, they can't arrest a husband and a wife for the same crime.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted