1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three bands, one stage, one concert ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The "concert advice" thread got me thinking and besides not wanting to EVER see Def Leppard, Foreigner and Styx in one setting, I do think it is a cool concept to get three bands together.

If you comprise your own show of three bands to see in one place on one night, who would you choose?

My hat trick show (Jimmy Page and Paul Rodgers would stay busy): The Firm, Bad Company, Led Zeppelin

I've seen the G3 show that Joe Satriani has done the last several years. I saw Satriani, Steve Vai and Eric Johnson together. I like that concept too.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I saw the Charlie Daniels Band, the Marshall Tucker Band and Grinderswitch in one show years and years and YEARS ago.
    Don't laugh. Much better show than you'd think.
    To close, all three came out and did Will The Circle Be Unbroken. Tremendous.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That sounds like a good show, Moddy. I loves me some Marshall Tucker.

Would have loved to see a Willie, Waylon and Cash trifecta.

As it stands, I'm just happy I've seen Willie and saw Johnny Cash before he died.

Still have to see Kris Kristofferson -- who is still touring, I think.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

During the show, some asshole threw a firecracker on stage.

Charlie Daniels stops and says, "You've come to see the wrong three bands to be pulling that shit. Ain't a one of us who would mind coming out there and kicking your ass."

The place went nuts.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Whether they're alive or in condition to perform doesn't matter: Dylan/Cash/Sinatra. No clue if the latter could mesh with the former, but they're all good enough to find that common ground.

Still around edition: Pearl Jam/Soundgarden/Alice in Chains (I've been in a 90's alt mood lately)

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Bananarama, the Bangles and the Go-Gos

7. Faithless

Faithless Member

For my Southern rock/country fix, I'd like to see the Allman Brothers (with Duane) and Lynyrd Skynyrd (the lineup before the plane crash) and then Hank Williams Jr. at his early '80s best. Man, that would be one hell of a party.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

One dream show would be some rock 'n' roll Southwestern style:
    - The Pistoleros
    - Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
    - Old 97s

9. Faithless

Faithless Member

I've been lucky to see three great bands on one stage on one night during various musicfests....the best being Slayer and the reunited Judas Priest and Black Sabbath during Ozzfest '04.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I saw an odd show a few years ago: 311, Offspring and Dashboard Confessional -- very weird mix, very good show. And I saw Green Day, Blink 182 and Saves The Day before that.

My dream show would be Green Day, Bad Religion and NOFX.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd pay huge amounts of money to see Def Lep, Bon Jovi and Warrant for my late 80s fix.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

In '82 The Who, The Clash, and David Johanson played Shea Stadium. Pretty good bill.

Draft saved Draft deleted