1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

thread locks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Interesting post, someone calling a bunch of anonymous people "pansy-ass shits" behind the "dog428" label. Do you suggest we bow before someone who uses their real name?

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

All Jones wants for now is his dry-cleaning.

But can genuflection be far behind?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As long as Mrs. Jones bows and genuflects, he'll be happy.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I know this but I think Whitlock is the one who first brought the phrase to this little community known as SportsJournalists.com

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I don't know about that.....it's certainly possible.

6. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Agreed.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

Are you looking in through my windows again?

There's a loose thread in the monogram (MOTY'96) on one of my cuffs, Womack. And my feet need rubbing -- toot sweet.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Were you not spitting nails when Jason made the overtly sexist remarks in the locker room thread? The thread -- now nowhere to be found -- that offended a lot of people? Remember that one? When fat ass was "just joshing?" Why do you defend this arrogant moron so passionately, and why do intelligent people stoop to debate him?

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So what's your point? Because I disagreed--vehemently--on that thread, I'm therefore required to attack everything else he writes? What are we, fourth grade girls? 'You were mean to me at recess, you are disinvited to my party forever!'

And actually, I'm not defending him at all...I'm just amazed that with all the crap on this board, this is what people complain about?

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

21, you are David Stern in pumps.

You could make any stance you take sound like the only possible way of looking at something.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

If anyone, Jason's the fourth-grade girl, stamping his block feet if anyone dares tell him that his birthday party -- which is all this Imus bullshit really is -- is really lame and happens to suck.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. There are people here who are constantly snipered at because of some silly, harmless and/or injudicious comment they made eons ago, but King Jackass can insult an already vulnerable group of people within the profession, and it's to be forgotten because the thread no longer exists and because he tithed the webmaster $300?

12. Is that the going "Don't lock my thread" tax?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.