1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

thread locks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IU90

IU90 Member

Mine too. Some of the Whitlock criticism is legitimate and thoughtful, but there are at least a couple regulars here (spnited comes first to mind) who seem to have a near obsession with Whitlock-hating, to the point where its rather bewildering and makes you wonder if there might be something personal behind it.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I appreciate your kind words..but I should state for the record that I don't think anyone has taken an unfair shot at me. It's just a bunch of people debating.

Thanks, though.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

I really think Jason is just doing his job.

Elliotte, too.*

*Have fun at the game tonight, hombre. Go Sens.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Then obviously you were not around when Whitlock first showed up, doing his "working the corners" business and the inappropriate comments he made to women here. He's refined his board self since then, but there was, and still is, stuff about how he posts that one certainly has a right to comment negatively about. And what Shot was getting at is that the original concept of the board was not to have people big-time the rest by using their real name. The ideas, not the names, were supposed to guide the topics. That being said, most people using their real names have not done the big-timing thing.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

HAVE YOU PICKED UP MY DRY CLEANING, WOMACK?

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

If I am not mistaken wasn't it Whitlock who first coined the phrase about beating people down with his "pimp hand"?

That approach is the height of arrogance in many ways and probably isn't going to endear you to too many people.......

That's why Jason, I suggest you attempt to use my approach which has been to always be kind, thoughful and sensitive because as you can see and it has been my observations that it has worked very well for me in the categories of making friends and influencing people...... ;D

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And Webby almost never bans, unfortunately.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Stop acting like this shit just happens with Whitlock. It doesn't. No matter who posts a story for review or asks a question about a particular reporter/columnist/desk guy/editor, what follows is always the same. There will be 10 to 15 well-intentioned posts and 100 attacks by a group of pansy-ass shits who only have the balls to go after someone when they're hiding behind an alias.

Used to, about once a day, some college kid or newbie in the business would pop on here and offer up a column or game story for review. Rarely happens now. Why? Because the bunch of dried-up assholes who inhabit this place take every opportunity available to try and make others as miserable as they are.

As for other columnists coming on here, shiiiiiiitttt. The fact that Whitlock does it is amazing to me. Why would anyone put up with the pettiness, the jealousy and the bullshit that they're certain to receive? If it makes you feel better to say that Whitlock brought some of this on himself, go ahead. But I've been here for a long time and seen a whole helluva lot of the guy's posts, and he's not dished out a quarter of what he's endured.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No, and for me to be your gofer, you'll have to give me a Hoover.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Zagoshe....you're mistaken. The phrase "pimp hand" has been around for years.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

excellent post Dog.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

dog, I nominate you to provide the lubrication so I'm not so dried up... :-X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.