1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

thread locks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm completely bewildered by the whitlock bashing on this site.

Like him or not, it's just depressing that a place for sports journalists can't handle a guy like whitlock coming here to talk about issues and events that are undeniably splattered all over the media. So what if he starts threads...it's a message board, you're supposed to start threads. How great could this place be if more columnists did the same, instead of viewing SJ as a firing squad of trolls?

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

A firing squad of trolls.

Awesome.

Love the tinky winky, btw.

and accessorized so tastefully.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

How
    How great would this forum be if the self-appointed cool kids would stop trying to dictate policy and force their version of tolerance and diversity on everybody else......

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So would you?

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Moddy doesn't ban. That's Webby's domain.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And brother, I'm against both of you on this one, as far as the visiting columnists go.

I'm not going to name names or anything, but if you think this would be a better place if some of the kings of the press box would stop in now and then to champion their latest cause celebre, we're looking for different things in a message board. I've seen some of that, and I'll pass.

And aeroking was so dead on it's scary.

That's all I'm saying on this matter, as I can see we have gone over our quota of introspective threads for one month.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's not a coincidence that it's the new moderators who are too quick with the locks.

That's never the case with Moddy or Webby.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok....I don't know about the cool kids stuff that zagoshe keeps trying to sell here, but amazingly enough, I agree with him in terms of his response to this specific post by 21.

Whitlock pulled his usual "look at me" bullshit and people responded. I don't care who you are or how big a donation to the site you made. If you come on here whining about the mods picking on you or begging for attention (again) or both, many of the responses are going to be unkind.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

21 is not a cool kid. She is a queen bee.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Whitlock's statement that he dumped $300 on Webby when the site was in trouble proves what a egomanioacal asshole he is.
    A lot of us donated money in various amounts and some actually donated more than once. We don't come here bragging, implying that we kept the board alive.
    When he pulls shit like that-- which he does on every look-at-me thread he starts -- Whitlock deserves to be ripped.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I agree about the $300 comment...it was ridiculous, as well as the rude comments to Elliotte on this thread.

But the anti-whitlock junk long preceded that, and that's what I was referring to. Considering all the raw sewage around here, it seems the rage directed at him is excessive. My opinion.

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

The cool kids have their tiffs with the other cool kids, too. The difference -- and what makes them cool kids -- is that they don't let it develop into a prolonged war to be played out on every thread; without mentioning the disagreement, they'll shoot a nice or neutral PM to the other party about something completely unrelated, as a sort of peace offering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.