1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

thread locks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boots

boots New Member

Nothing LJB, absolutely positively nothing. Will this ever end?

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You can quit the woe is me act. The entire board sees you for what you are.

3. boots

boots New Member

Dude, I didn't do a damn thing here and you know it. Get off my back. The threads, unless they have been edited, will attest to it. I say one thing and you and the crew begin. It's amazing but true, sports people follow a heard mentality.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What's a 'heard mentality'?

5. boots

boots New Member

Non original thought. If you cover a major team in a major city, you undoubtedly have noticed that guys tend to follow each other around. That is known as herd journalism.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It's beyond belief. Thumb aside the racists (reverse, end-around, double-reverse, whatever), sexists, classists, elitists and all the other pseudo, wannabe -ists who collect here every day like monelia cells, but let's kick the shit out of one guy because he started a carefree thread about cornholing his neighbor. Grow the fuck up.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Just nit picking with your spelling, boots. I know what herd mentality is, just not heard mentality.

8. boots

boots New Member

And I had no problem with your correcting an error.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

LJB, that was all he had done until that thread got locked. Then he decided to infest the rest of the board.

Take a look at his most recent posts. Look at the ones from about three weeks ago. They were priceless.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The groupthink behavior on this board, so third grade (or lower), is totally out of control, especially when it comes to him. Blow into the conch, everyone comes running, there's a guy at the bottom of the hill. Well, fuck that. Enough is enough.

11. Dude, you've really had a stick up your ass lately. You're not helping anything. You're just encouraging Boots. I've been ignoring him the last couple of weeks and I've been fine. If you would stop emboldening him, hopefully he will grow the fuck up.

12. IU90

IU90 Member

Is that hypocrisy I smell in the air? Not that I necessarily disagree with your overriding point here, LJB, but I can't help but notice from earlier in this same thread that you appear to be a steadfast member of the Whitlock bashing herd. And let's face facts, NOTHING brings the same pack of knee jerk groupthink haters running together like a blast from the Whitlock conch. Yet I didn't see you protesting this mentality in that case, I only saw you gleefully diving in to join them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.