1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

thread locks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boots

boots New Member

I have been blamed for the shit on these boards and that definitely is not the case. The usual people, and we know who they are and you know who you are, come off throwing f-bombs. That's one reason why I don't post much.
    I put up a thread yesterday about a true situation and not only was it locked, I was accused of being someone that I'm not and basically villified for no reason. But that's another issue.
    I think any thread can be locked if enough people start cursing.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

8.376 per day? Don't post much?

3. boots

boots New Member

No. There are others with much higher posts. But the truth is the locking of threads is subjective.

4. Actually, Moddy, that's not quite accurate. Boots has the manure spreader out today and he's up to 8.382!

5. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Boots, your pitiful "innocent victim" act is hard to stomach. From what I've seen in my time coming to this site, you have been involved in more threads getting locked because they devolved into moronic childish little pissing matches than any other poster. And that's not just coincidence and its not the result others unfairly persecuting you, as you seem to wanna believe.

And I love your claim that you "don't post much", as if that would be something we're supposed to lament. The truth, Boots, is you post far more often than most of us would like given the tendency for threads to disintegrate right after you join them.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

[​IMG]

7. boots

boots New Member

Well when this one is locked, and it will be, blame me.

8. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Do you always put two spaces after a period?

EDIT: Wow, it's three spaces. Why. Please, tell me why!

9. He's now up to 8.385. It's like watching either the stock market or a sewer meter.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

What the fuck has he done?

11. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Fixed. ;)

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What can he say? Gilles Meloche does it for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.