1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

thread locks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I don't think we're a bad bunch. I stopped frequenting a non-journalism board where I had about 1,000 posts because some of the people there were just too nasty; I pulled a Jones and nuked myself, although I lurk sometimes. I haven't ever been tempted to do that here because it isn't nasty all the time, there are some really good folks here who care about each other even if they fight with each other sometimes. At that other board I thought the mods moderated along party lines, here they are a lot more objective and even-handed.

I don't mind Whitlock, I think he wants to get a rise out of people, but I don't think he's shown any meanness that I've noticed.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey Frank. You suck almost as much as Eddie And The Cruisers sucked. :D :D

Will it be ironic when this thread is locked?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and that's a bullshit thing to say byh. eddie and the cruisers did not suck.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

The sequel sucked, I'll grant you that.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Eddie and the Cruisers is essentially a hypothesis about what music Eddie Cochran would have made over the years had he lived longer

6. Not only was the movie great but the whole damn soundtrack of all original music rocked.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

streets of fire wasn't bad, either.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Yep... John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band did a great job on the Eddie & the Cruisers soundtrack. John Cafferty is great live, there's much more to his catalogue than just the movie soundtrack.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Are you saying I am one of the posters you detest the most on here? Damn, I was just trying to work up the nerve to ask you out on a date.... ;)

I'll admit I've been a little cranky lately ( ;D) but I do enjoy most, if not all, of the posters in here and the banter is always interesting and thought-provoking.

And I am generally a supporter of Whitlock but I think the point most on here will concede is that some of his comments on here come off as a bit pompous.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

just a bit? do ya think?

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

I don't deign to sign things, Boy Bubbler, even objets d'art. I smack them with my wet penis.

The habit started with Womack's forehead, and it just exploded from there.

THWAP!

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Master Fregosi taught you well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.