1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thread for Gossip, Rumor Mongering and Baseless Speculation about SJ.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by McNuggetsMan, Apr 27, 2011.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was your 4,600th post. YOU'RE THE FUCKING BUYER AREN'T YOU?!

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Gossip: Lucas had to sell under value because he was caught in bed with the corpse of Earl Anthony.

Thoughts: This explains the network at the bottom of the cover page. And the ads riddling our threads (Adblock roolz). And the crackdown on bots (even if it cost us about 20,000 nominal members). And Mr. Tran's opening remark was the boilerplate "I won't commit to anything until I decide to ease in what my master plan was going to be all along" speech that a new manager makes.

Conclusion: As long as he don't fuck with the recipe, all will be good.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

First time for everything, I suppose.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Move along fucker.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

http://flippingethics.com/2011/03-20/sportsjournalists-com-being-sold-by-lucwise-on-flippa.html

From there it seems that the net profit was around $934 per month.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Didn't see that link.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm stunned and pleased that this dump is valued for anything above salvage parts.

8. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Wow. That's a lot of money. A lot more than many people in sports journalism make, I'd wager.

9. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

It's posts like this that cost us scholarships.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Meh. Good for him for making money off the place. It was the claiming of poverty, and threatening to pull the plug on multiple occasions, while he was making money that is the galling part of it, especially since he loved to bask in the glow of running THE place for sports journalists.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey newbie overlords, close this joint, nobody's topping that post.

And the next person I "meet" who ever believed Lucas wasn't making money on the joint or that he would ever pull the plug will be the first.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

And while it remains to be seen what the new overlords do with the place, I believe this is the company that bought SJ: http://www.outclickmedia.com/.

And here's one of their sites: http://www.lawqa.com/.

Wouldn't it be swell if sports fans could ask questions of their favorite sports journalists? Golly gee that would be somethin'.

Draft saved Draft deleted