1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts on serendipity?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Apr 22, 2009.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

When it comes to finding a partner, do you believe in serendipity?
    It's a big thing for me, and seeing as this new girl and I have pretty much the randomest story ever, I'm slightly freaked out/excited by the whole thing.

What say you?

2. That movie sucked out loud.

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I loved it.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Marry her. Now. That'll make the story even better and thus ensure a happy future.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'm not a big believer in luck.

That said, just buckle up and see where this goes. If it goes well, who cares whether it happened by serendipity, fate or the whims of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Really? I thought it was a great flick.

What made it suck?

7. Another vapid waste of 100 minutes foisted upon the masses by Nora "Every Script I Write Is The Same" Ephron.

Seriously, a pair of yuppies pining over designer gloves leads to an entire romantic plot?

Oh, poor Cusack. You're about to spend the rest of your life banging Bridget Moynahan, but you still pine for Kate Beckinsale. Yeah, you really have it rough. Die in a fire.

And I like John Cusack.

8. dargan

dargan Active Member

That. Was. Awesome.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well done. Ever consider doing movie reviews?

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Eleven years ago, I was trying to decide which vacation to take. I had been saving money like crazy, because of a contentious contract period. The contract was signed, I had some dough. I always wanted to do a Windjammer cruise, but I had stumbled across a walking tour of Tuscany. While trying to decide, I was out shopping one day and got in my change a coin from one of the Caribbean islands. I booked the cruise. Where I met my husband.

Footnote: Windjammer has since gone belly up, those magnificent schooners left to rot.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Yes, I do.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm of the opinion that *every* good movie review should contain the words "die in a fire."

Draft saved Draft deleted