1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts On Bo Ryan?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BadgerBeer, Apr 20, 2012.

1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

If this has been covered elsewhere I am sorry.

Bo Ryan was caught up in a story the last few days regarding restriction's placed on a kid that wanted to transfer out of UW. While we could have some good discussion regarding this rule I am more interested in how Bo is perceived around the country. I happen to find him an arrogant, condescending prick that acts as if he is the smartest person in every room. I am not a big fan of Mike and Mike but I was glad to see somebody actually stand up to this bully and call him on his bullshit. What are the boards thoughts on Bo?

Here is the M&M interview...http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/58140/video-debate-bo-ryan-vs-mike-mike

2. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Bo Ryan? Bo Whine, in my book. One of the coaches I dislike the most. He whines about calls on both ends of the floor. His players never foul, his players always get fouled. (And then his team gets away with an egregious double shove under the basket that helps Wisc beat Vandy in the NCAAs).

I don't care how good a coach he is or that he consistently wins with players who aren't athletic (re: white). I think he's a prick.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I could care less about Bo Ryan the coach. I care that he's another tool in the NCAA's system of looking out for everyone except the people that they claim they look out for.

Get rid of the fucking rule. This is supposed to be amateur extracurricular activities. Why should anyone have control over where anyone goes to school, who pays for the school and what activities the student chooses to participate.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Great coach in the regular season, whiny bitch in the NCAA Tournament.

I just remember him bitching and moaning about the NCAA transfer rules the day before UNLV kicked Wisconsin's ass in the NCAA Tournament about five years ago or so...

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I never paid a lick of attention to him before this week, aside from my general distaste for Wisconsin's style of play. Now? Yeah he's a prick.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bo Ryan couldn't be more wrong on this issue. Coaches want to be dictators. The pigeons are coming home to roost.

8. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Ryan said he didn't know how to handle a transfer request so he asked some fellow coaches for advice. So not only did he do the wrong thing, he got advice on how to do the wrong thing.

9. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

He didn't know how to handle a transfer request? How about, "OK. Good luck."

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm sure he was disappointed in the Wisconsin football team accepting Russell Wilson as a transfer last season.

11. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

To be fair, he didn't like it one bit. He hates that rule. He came out publicly against it when asked about it by local reporters.

He was asked about it last season, after it became a topic on the Big Ten coaches' teleconference. Weber and Izzo also criticized the rule -- despite the fact they used the rule to add such transfers. I know both Izzo and Weber. Both good guys but both hypocrites on that topic.

12. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Don't worry, he whines in the regular season too.

Draft saved Draft deleted