1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts from six states and 30 hours without sleep

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cape_Fear, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I'm sure this will be nowhere near as entertaining as Bubbler's run down I-70, but here goes:

Stopped at a Flying J in Indiana on the first stop and they have Arcade Fire's "Keep the Car Running" playing. Very subliminal.

There's nothing like blowing through a city at midnight at 80 mph while Crockett's Theme plays on the stereo. Even if the city is Columbus and the car is a Cavalier.

Just so you all know, the world may not end in 2012 but it sure will be f---ed up. It's true. George Noory said it you know.

Sheetz is the bomb.

The Pennsylvania Turnpike never gets any shorter. Thank God there are hoagies waiting at the end to keep me from falling asleep at the wheel.

Either my hometown has really changed in 16 years, or I'm white trash and never knew it. Went back to the July 4th fireworks a day early and it was like walking into the Twilight Zone.

It's now off to bed at long last. One more day here and then it's off to the Jersey Shore for two weeks.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sheetz is great. The food is excellent, the selection is very good and the bathrooms are big. What more can you ask?

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

1. Sheetz is da bomb.
    2. Penna Turnpike sux
    3. Embrace your white-trashiness. I'm from a city-environment and the people in the uppity town can kiss my butt.

Have fun at the shore.

Draft saved Draft deleted