1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts from Phoenix

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 15, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Worry is ratcheting up now.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I hope Angola is OK. That said, gingerbread had every bit the busy weekend I did (this is my first time on the site since Thursday). I'm guessing she saw the subject line ("Thoughts from Phoenix," for Pete's sake), clicked and offered her suggestion without noticing the brewing story -- which, I might add, could easily be mistaken as B.S. and not serious, given the nature of this board.

She didn't deserve to be ripped, as someone else pointed out.

That said, I hope it all turns out fine for Angola. I am sure there is a logical explanation.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My appologies to gingerbread and dangerator.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Annnnnnnnn Gooooooooooooola
    Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooola
    Heeeeeeeeeeeey, Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooola

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I just tried his cell phone and got no answer and an immediate bounce to his voice mail. I last talked to him Friday afternoon while he and OTD were in the stands at the Brewers-A\'s game. I was hoping to hook up with them after they went to another game that night and never heard back from him.

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Oh, ASU girls. How glorious they can be, especially when they're 5-9 and have really long blonde hair. Not that I would know or anything. I mean, um ...

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Oh shit, I just did the same thing. Completely skipped Page 2 and the top of Page 3. I feel like a dick.

8. three_bags_full

We last heard from Angola at 4 a.m. on Saturday. It's been less than 24 hours.

Here's what I think has transpired.

Drunk as fuck, Angola! stumbled up to the couple's room, had another drink or two and a smoke or two. Got to bed at 6 or 8 a.m. Woke up just in time to catch his ride/flight back home. Been on the road/in airports all day long. Hit the rack as soon as he got home, and just hasn't been awake since.

He'll be back as soon as he recovers/gets off work.

9. TBF, your math is incorrect ... it's been well over 24 hours.

10. 42 hours by my count ...

11. three_bags_full

Oh, yeah. It's been almost 48.

Hmmmmmm.

Well, fuck. I have no idea. Should OTD or someone check the hotel or something?

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I did just go back to the thread he started a month ago saying when he\\\'d be in Phoenix and he said he would be at spring training from the 13th to the 17th, so it is entirely possible he\\\'s been traveling all day. Let\\\'s hope so.

Draft saved Draft deleted