1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts from Phoenix

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

ECHL.
    Watched Bakersfield defeat the Phoenix Roadrunners 4-3.
    Hung out with OTD, allowed him to buy me a beer. Had a couple more.
    Also, got to say, OTD is one cool dude. It\'s good to finally meet someone from the board that I didn\'t previously know.
    Friday, I will be meeting Old Tony. Good times in Phoenix.
    Onwards to the bars to stare at ASU girls and attempt to get laid and at least get really fucking drunk.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Coyotes are sub-ECHL these days. The Roadrunners are far more entertaining for a fraction of the price.

And shade is highly underrated in the Cactus League. I sat in the shade behind home plate at Maryvale Stadium for Brewers/Angels after roasting at two other parks the previous days. Maryvale has a high press box that casts a huge shadow, which is very nice on a 90+ degree day. It also has the worst concessions and restrooms in the league, and quite possibly the worst parking.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

We had a fine time with Angola! at the Roadrunners game tonight. The only thing is, I hope he has better luck with the ASU girls than his buddy did with the girls sitting behind us.

One thing we found out is that there aren't many places to get something good to eat in Tempe after 10 p.m. We finally found a place that has mesquite grilled fish and ice cold beer. It was perfect.

Tomorrow: Brewers at the Angels. Nothing tastes better than the first ice-cold beer of the baseball season, brought to your seat.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, I had a chance, at least as good as my buddy\'s, but then suddenly she was a Red Sox fan and said something about 2004, which I don\'t think exists - much like 2002 (like I told OTD) - and that was that.
    But I am really fucking drunk right now.
    And, with a doubleheader of spring training games on the docket tomorrow, I expect to be really fucking drunk tomorrow.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

is being a red sox fan anything like being a fan of brown boots?

6. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

If you're out toward Peoria/Surprise, and you're not a vegan, you might try this place:

Dillon's Restaurant
    8706 W. Thunderbird Rd.
    Peoria, AZ
    (Loop 101 and Thunderbird Rd.)

You might find something in the bar on your right on the way in too, but it won't be babyback. :-\

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I seek advice.
    A smoking hot chick that seems pretty interested was just at the bar with us and her boyfriend.
    My buddy is going to bed, because he has to drive to California in the morning.
    So we are just hanging out, and all of a sudden said chickie walks over and is like, \"we are going to get food, do you want any?\" So I tell her my order and then she is like come to room 238 later and we will smoke out.
    Well, I don\'t really want to smoke out, but since a girl told me to, I feel obligated.
    So, the question is, do I roll down to their room or not? Is chickie trying to do others? What the fuck is going on in fucking Phoenix right now?

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Thanks for the advice and we will see what happens.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

'gola's excellent adventure.

10. Just don't let her tie you up, she/they might take your wallet ...

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Okay, everyone, get tested to see if your kidneys match up with Angola's, because he's probably waking up in an ice-filled bathtub right about ... now.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Anyone heard from Angola this morning?

Draft saved Draft deleted